The right care for your BMS products
General care instructions for textiles
- Each garment has different care requirements, so be sure to follow the care instructions on the product.
- Functional clothing can be washed in a normal household washing machine.
- Do not use fabric softener!
- Use powder detergent and not liquid detergent. These may contain softeners.
- Do not use bleach
- For best results, wash the garment only with fabrics of similar colour.
- Always turn garments inside out before washing.
- Always close all fasteners (zips and buttons etc) especially Velcro fasteners - this will prevent fibres or other items from getting caught and the garment from wearing out during washing.
Fleece can be washed well in the washing machine.
It's best not to wash a fleece at temperatures above 40°C (note that some fleeces can only be washed at 30°C), the rough side of the fleece should be turned inwards when washing and use a little less detergent than specified. Simply wash the functional underwear normally according to the label. What you should also avoid here is the use of fabric softeners. This produces a soapy feel. Fleece can and should be washed often enough. There is no loss of function to worry about. If you wash it too seldom, sweat will clog the breathable pores and impair its function. It also smells very unpleasant very quickly.
Softshell jackets can only withstand drizzle and short showers if they are sufficiently impregnated. If rain no longer beads off properly, they need to be reimpregnated. The best way to do this is to machine wash them.
Spray-on impregnation (e.g. Nikwax TX-Direct Spray).
BMS clothing does not require any additional impregnation. If water is to bead off the surface of the functional jacket, spray-on impregnation is suitable. The advantage is the targeted application of the impregnation to the outside of the garment. The inside thus remains untreated and can continue to absorb moisture and release it to the outside.
How do I care for my BMS natural rubber boots?
Your boots are made from natural rubber, which is extracted from tropical plantations. The noble and natural material guarantees durability, waterproofness and offers high wearing comfort. BMS has been producing its boots by hand since 1998 until today. In this respect, your purchased boot is unique!
Natural rubber boots from BMS are not designed as "work boots" and also require special care. In order to enjoy this exclusive product for a long time, you can preserve your pleasure for a long time if you follow a few simple things:
- Natural rubber should be cared for and kept clean - this will prolongs the life of the material considerably.Otherwise the material can brittle, which is normal wear and tear and not a material or manufacturing defect.
- Ideally, dirt should be removed after each removed after each wear. Use only clear water for cleaning. In case of heavy lukewarm "light soapy water" and a soft brush can be used for heavy can be used.
- Avoid scrubbing with coarse brushes or sponges. brushes or sponges and cleaners with solvents. We recommend that the clean and dry boot be treated from time to time with the "rubber boot spray (protects and maintains natural rubber permanently). Spray the boot so that a light film of water spread evenly with a soft cloth, then leave to dry.
- UV rays of the sun and general weather influences can damage the rubber in the long run, therefore this film of the spray forms protection, similar to the corresponding shoe polish for leather, which also keeps the material supple and thus permanently flexible and does not become brittle.
- Storage should preferably be upright or hanging in dark and dry rooms. As soon as the shaft is permanently bent, undesirable fractures can occur, which then do not represent a material defect that would fall under the warranty claim.
- To dry the boot from the inside, please do not place it close to sources of heat and either use commercially available boot dryers that are suitable for rubber boots or simply stuff it with newspaper in the "housewife way" and leave it to dry overnight.